[AMRadio] re: Apache audio not good

George Pritchard gpritchard at comtechpst.com
Wed Apr 10 11:27:40 EDT 2002

Keep in mind: If any modifications are made to the speech amp to include
negative feedback (reduces gain) for improved broader freq responce and
reduced distortion... the additional drive from the amplified d-104 may be
the perfect solution in that case. My modifierd dx-100 (similar circuit) now
requires 1 volt at the mike connector after 20 dB of negative feedback was
implemented. I use an old Dynaco stereo preamp to drive it. I hope this
doesn't "muddy the waters" for this thread.
George AB2KC