[AMRadio] DX-100 / Apache modifications on the Web

russ dworakowski wb3fau at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 11:44:29 EDT 2002

Mahlon,  I will  explain it  one  more  time,  as  I  have  done it to  my
own  Apache.  You  need  2  parts-  a  cap approx 0.1 uf @2kv  and a pot
500k 1 or 2  watt.  Connect  one  side of the  cap  to  the
500ohm tap  of  the  mod  transformer  sec.-  other side  of  cap  to
one  end of pot-  tie  the other  2 terminals of the pot  together to  make
a rheostat-  connect  this side  of the pot to  the  cathode of the audio
driver tube 12BY7.  Be  careful!  High holtage  present  here.
Start  out with the pot  fully closed-  put  transmitter on the  air-
slowly  open  the  pot-  to  the point  of feedback-  turn it  back
just slightly.  Thats  it get audio rpts!   Russ