[AMRadio] screwdriver antenna

Larry Saletzki wa9vrh at mtco.com
Sun May 25 17:49:14 EDT 2003

Hi Richard, Glad to help! Don is a great guy and his books are priceless. I
started to build one of his screwdrivers and found out I would have about
1/2 of the price in parts. That's when I decided to buy one that was
complete from him. I was running a Hustler on my vehicle and then changed to
the same vehicle but a couple of years newer. I would talk to a group of
guys on 40m during the day and after the vehicle change now with the
screwdriver I was asked after a couple of days what have you done? I asked
why? I was told by three different people that I used to have a good signal
but they had to "listen" to what I was saying. Now they didn't have to
"listen" but could hear and understand me without having to listen. That was
just the beginning of good reports. A few years ago on 20m I worked a JA
with just my 706. Guess you can tell I am sold on Don and his DK-3. If you
have any questions I would be glad to answer. 73 Larry WA9VRH