[AMRadio] Novars and Compactrons Used In Ham Gear

Mahlon Haunschild mahlonhaunschild at cox.net
Fri Apr 2 07:14:01 EST 2004

Don, you can add these to your list:

6GJ5:  used in National NCX-3 and NCX-5 transceivers
6HF5:  used in Galaxy V and GT-550 transceivers
6JB6:  used in National NCX-200 transceiver
6LB6:  used in Galaxy 2000B amplifier (ten of 'em!)
6LQ6:  used in National NCX-500 transceiver

A number of Novar and Compactron sweep tube types found use in Swan
transceivers, but I don't know enough about that product line to comment
further.

Might as well re-title your list "Novars and Compactrons Used In Ham Gear".

regards,

Mahlon - K4OQ