[AMRadio] Plate modulating a 807

RJ Mattson rjmattson at hvi.net
Thu Apr 8 00:57:01 EDT 2004

I agree, the 100ma meter should be across the shunt R20 (27ohm). I will
check if that is a drafting error.

Here is a marked up transmitter drawing showing the values in question:
 http://www.hvinet.com/rjmattson/four20schematic+

R24 screen is 15 K
Screen voltage is 200V
R24 node is 270V
C24 screen bypass is .01mfd.  Why is bypass to cathode and not ground?
Plate voltage is 470V

The Hammarlund Four11 plate modulator is two 7C5s in PP (8K ohm xfmr sec)

Should the screen self modulate as wired? (with plate meter corrected)

Thanks,
bob...w2ami
www.qrz.com/callsign/w2ami