[AMRadio] Thordarson Chokes

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Tue Aug 3 22:43:22 EDT 2004

Looking for some info on a Thordarson Choke Coil, type 6345.

Trying to resurect an old power supply and am finding that if I
bypass the first choke (choke input supply) then I get B+ out of
the 2nd choke.  This tells me that the first choke is open.

The capacitors in there look to be 'smallish' in size, as well, but
the builder, in order to keep things in the 'black' scheme, painted
the caps black, as well, therefore (I'm sure) covering the printed
info on the caps.  *sigh*

    ====       ====
__mmm____mmm______oB+
                |                |
              ==            ==
                |________|___oB-

kinda hard to draw in straight ascii ;-)  but the input it from the
cathode of a pair of 866's, the first choke is open. When the
first choke is bypassed (short across the choke) then B+ (not as
*clean* as I'd like...) does make it to the output terminal.

The two chokes -look- identical, but they have different types
on the plates.  The 2nd choke is a Type 6408.

What are those values, please, if anyone knows?

Thanks!

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR