[AMRadio] Original T.O. Keyer Article When?

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Thu Aug 12 13:23:02 EDT 2004

> > is a
> > Keyer". I'd like to look this up. Does anyone happen to know the
> > ballpark year when the original TO Keyer article was published?

There is a 9TO Keyer Mark II described in June 1967 QST, which
adds a dot memory to the original tube design.  And a transistorized
version of the keyer in the May, 1959 QST.

In the latter article there is a statement to the effect that the original
circuit did not appear (at least to that point in time) in any periodical,
but was furnished by W9TO privately to a number of amateurs.

Maybe the Hallicrafter HA-1 circuit would be a close approximation,
if not the original.

Grant/NQ5T