[AMRadio] filament voltages

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Mon Aug 16 12:05:14 EDT 2004

Calling K4KYV, Don, from W5OMR.

Many wise and sage advices have been given out by your station in the past, Don,
including one I use still, this very day;
"Running your AM Rig without a 'scope, is like driving your car at night without
headlights" (-Don/K4KYV AM/PX)

A while back, you said something about running too little voltage on the older
big jugs, like 833's, 250THs, 4-1000's, etc...
Of course, we know that running voltages that are too high will kill the life
expectancy of the tube, by why is running too little voltage bad for the tube,
if it's developing full emmission at a lower voltage?

Thanks.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR