[AMRadio] filament voltages

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Mon Aug 16 16:36:15 EDT 2004

> >Of course, we know that running voltages that are too high will kill the
> >life expectancy of the tube, by why is running too little voltage bad for the
> >tube, if it's developing full emmission at a lower voltage?
>
> I think low voltage would be ok as long as you are not exceeding the current
> rating of the tube, starving the filament emission by running too low
> filamrnt voltage, or exceeding the rated plate dissipation.

I could have sworn at one time I heard you say that running too little voltage
on the
filaments was just as bad as running too much, in the mode of preserving the
life
expectancy of the tube in question.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to start an argument - indeed, I'm all for
getting back to the technical discussions of Amateur Radio, and let someone
else deal with the politics, thereof.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR