[AMRadio] R-274 Reciever

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Fri Aug 20 07:03:23 EDT 2004

> I have one and I think there may be quite a few out here that this list may
> not indicate.  One comment, even though it is functionally the same as tlhe
> Hammarlund version of the 274 , I think the sp600 is easier to tune and log
> stations as the sx-73 version has such a small dial with the hash marks
> jammed to close together!  For that reason I prefer the Hammalund version.

To each their own, Wayne.  My purpose was to see how MANY of the fine
receivers there were out there, not to start a war over which version of the
R-274 worked better; Hallicrafter or Hammarlund.

I'm more interested in the History of the thing.  What happened in four years
that caused there to be a "D" model (like what I have)?  What were the changes
from the A, B, and C models?  Was the SP-600 one of the letter designators?

Googling for such information was rather lacking in results.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR