[AMRadio] R-274 Reciever

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Fri Aug 20 13:30:19 EDT 2004

> >Well, that makes 6.  Someone said they knew someone else who bought one that
> >was still in the crate and gave it to someone else (over in Northern MS)
> >bringing
> >the total to 7, so far.
> >
> >More?
> >
> >73 = Best Regards,
> >-Geoff/W5OMR
>
> Can you tell us which R-274 (the Hammarlund SP-600 or the Hallicrafters
> SX-73) each receiver is? I'd lie to now...

Well, I guess I'm guilty of that one... I 'knew' that the SP-600 was also called
the R-274, but the receivers I've been talking about (up until now) has all been
the Hallicrafter SX-73 version.

I've got two.  One is a Plain R-274, the other is a R-274D.

Could it be that the SP-600 was a "C" or "B" model?  I don't know that, either.

I was hoping that I could find someone on here that knew more about the rigs.

I do know that both of my receivers were made in Philadelphia.  The plain ver,
in '49, the "D" model in '52.   Was this where the main Hallicrafters plant was?

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR