[AMRadio] R-274 Reciever

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Sat Aug 21 01:01:30 EDT 2004

> >I do know that both of my receivers were made in Philadelphia.  The plain
ver,
> >in '49, the "D" model in '52.   Was this where the main Hallicrafters
> >plant was?
>
> Mine is a green Signal Corps (US Army) unit.
> Nameplate says:
> Serial # 969 Order # 25557 Phila 49-7C. Does that help anything?

Well, I don't know, for sure.

Is that an R-274D/FRR?  Made by Hallicrafter?

I was basing the place of Origin on the Phila after the order number, and the
year built by the 49.  My besdt guess would be, that your receiver was built
on the 3rd week of July, in 1949.  But, as I said - that's a guess.  I'm hoping
someone here KNOWS.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR