[AMRadio] Eico 722 VFO dial slippage

Jim candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Sat Aug 21 11:50:22 EDT 2004

Ronnie,

	I recall a similar mechanism in the Heathkit VF-1 VFO. These tend to slip
over time, and I was not too successful at fixing mine, in fact I chunked
it! If yours is similar, and yet not meshing together;  man, maybe it never
worked, and was built with the wrong parts??

	A rather odd thought occurred to me regarding this, and maybe some pulleys
from an Erector set, and a suitable sized O-ring would do? You can also get
a Vernier drive somewhere, and make that work. Sounds like a challenge...

Good Luck with that VFO!

Regards,
Jim Candela
WD5JKO