[AMRadio] Hallicrafters HT-37 Alignment Question

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Sun Aug 22 21:23:32 EDT 2004

> I want to say many, many thanks to Al Parker, W8UT, who has already helped
enormously with good advice, especially on the procedures for upgrading of the
HT-37 power supply circuits. I've purchased another restorable HT-37 that hasn't
been hacked-on from Al so I can do a side-by-side circuit wiring comparison.

> Since the previous owner of my HT-37 got creative with parts replacement
wiring, I'm hoping that looking at both chassis' at the same time will help find
the wiring mistakes. Can't hurt to have another HT-37 anyway.

> Thanks, Bill, ab0zz

I've got three of the things here, Bill... two working units and a parts unit.
The parts unit -used- to work, and I guess it got too much for me to maintain.
Found another at a swapfest at a price I couldn't turn down, and it worked -
then found one from John/W5GI, for quite a decent price.

Good rigs.  I've just not had one on the air in a couple of years, now.  I guess
I should put one down off the shelf and fire it up.

I'd like to keep the parts unit around, but I'm not -that- attached to it...

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR