[AMRadio] National Receiver Question

Edward B Richards zuu6k at juno.com
Fri Dec 3 10:44:13 EST 2004

Yes Mike;

The National NC-2-40 series and the NC-200 and maybe more used that
method. I also have a Coast Guard R-115, made by National, that uses that
same moving catacomb. Actually, it is a pretty good idea. It keeps the
stray capacitance and inductance low and the same for every band. Also
shielding between tuned circuits. The only difference i see between the
two models is that the NC-2-40(D) has a phono input jack on the lower
right of the front panel. The NC-200 does not. I had a NC-2-40D and liked
it very much. I should never have loaned it to a friend who gave it to
some missionaries going to Africa.

73, Ed Richards K6UUZ