[AMRadio] The AM Window

Rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Tue Dec 21 13:01:38 EST 2004

I am a FIRM advocate and believer of the "Gentleman's Agreement"
philosophy regarding the existence and use of the AM Window.

It seems to me an issue of courtesy and respect to have and use these
agreements.

Yes, there will ALWAYS be some that will NOT honor such, BUT - we are
better off doing this amongst ourselves in lieu of the FCC and/or ARRL
becoming involved in some "phony" band/mode plan.

Bob - N0DGN

--
                       Bob Bethman - N0DGN
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| N0DGN AMRadio Manassas, VA    |    REAL Tube Radio and AM        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|       Manassas Radio - Home of Homemade Kielbasa & Pirogi        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| rbethman(at)comcast.net   \\ ~ ~ //      signal does *NOT* mean  |
|                           (/ @ @ /)      that everything is OK " |
|               <http://home.comcast.net/~rbethman>                |
| 1 BC-610I w/BC-614I,1 T-213/GRC-26 w/BC614I 1 '51 Collins R-390A |
|  SP-600/NR Type 159, Heath DX-60, Apache, Mohawk, SX-101, HT-32A |
|           Amateur Astronomer - Celestron Nexstar 8               |
|             12" f5 Dob coming soon!  Being built                 |
|                          Meade ETX-60                            |
|           38 Deg 46'48.62"' N - 77 Deg 28'26.89" W               |
|   Opinions expressed are that of my own and do not necessarily   |
|         coincide with or represent those of ANYONE else          |