[AMRadio] The AM Window

Chris ck at ckradio.net
Tue Dec 21 16:03:22 EST 2004

Bob,  I agree with you.   No matter where we move there will be problems
with the near by SSB groups.
 They are spread very evenly across the band with no space in between
for an AM signal during prime time.
The FCC recognizes the AM Windows so currently any nearby complaints are
neutralized.
By using the rest of the band to illustrate a point will only lead to
more interference and valid complaints by SSB groups.
Remember last year how many petitions were sent regarding Bandwidth and
Power??
 Perhaps limiting the transmission to less than three minutes at a time
with 10 seconds of space in between for other stations breaking in would
be advantageous in many ways.  There are many AMrs waiting to get in to
a group but never get the chance.
  If the AM window is used this way it would allow many stations to
operate well,  even within the two or three spaces of the  3880-90kHz
window.
73 Chris   VE3NGW/W4 Florida