[AMRadio] The AM Window

Brian Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Tue Dec 21 17:05:02 EST 2004

AM guys...

You won't get much courtesy and respect on 75m SSB.
We found that out on 3915 kilo-sickles last Saturday.
Another station and I were talking and some guys deliberately
cranked up on top of us with high power and started making rude
remarks about us being 25 Hz above "THEIR FREQUENCY" and
yada yada yada. Before you knew it there were three of these damn
ignorant SOBs rudely drowning us out. We quit.

I dislike 75m phone. If I had a QRO phone station especially for
AM it would be better. This was daytime. There is no longer any
mutual respect among hams on 75m than among CBers, which is
where most of the bad operators came from, NOT that all
ex-CB folks are bad ops.  A lot make fine hams if they have an
ounce of character to begin with. SOme just needed their
behinds whooped long ago but their mothers weren't around.

So, if you are going to spread out, be prepared for some
opposition among the criminal element that is now occupying
large swaths up and down 75m.