[AMRadio] AM WINDOW

Kim Elmore Kim.Elmore at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 21 17:36:47 EST 2004

Well said, John.

I'm not terribly active on AM, though I've enjoyed it several times on 10
m. and I enjoy old equipment. I fired up my Dad's (W5JHJ) Globe Champ on 40
m late one afternoon and he enjoyed seeing the old rig work its magic again.

As for 75 m: yep, it's a bad barrel. I find most of what I hear on the
phone portion of the band shameful. That's why I usually work only CW. It's
much harder for the misanthropes to be rude on CW (and the other digital
modes).  One of the exceptions is AM: I'm impressed with what I hear there.

Kim Elmore, N5OP