[AMRadio] The AM Window

peter A Markavage manualman at juno.com
Tue Dec 21 18:13:09 EST 2004

Quote - "The FCC recognizes the AM Windows so currently any nearby
complaints are neutralized."

Show me where in the FCC Rules and regulations this is documented. Do you
really think that if a SSB QSO fires up on 3880 or 3878 (which happens
quite often) the FCC will step in and tell them to move??

Quote - "Perhaps limiting the transmission to less than three minutes at
a time with 10 seconds of space in between for other stations breaking in

would be advantageous in many ways.  There are many AMrs waiting to get
in to a group but never get the chance.
If the AM window is used this way it would allow many stations to operate
well,  even within the two or three spaces of the  3880-90kHz "

The assumption here is many AM'ers want to talk in a group which is
probably a bad assumption. Many hams enjoy having a one on one discussion
whereas "groups" generally evolve into discussions that target only
certain members in the group.

Pete, wa2cwa