[AMRadio] The AM Window

Chris ck at ckradio.net
Tue Dec 21 19:17:34 EST 2004

No Peter, the FCC will not step in when an ssb qso fires up on or near
the AM Window however,  the FCC won't  take a complaint from 3878 or
3893 about an AM sig being wide too seriously either.  There are far
more  disturbing things going on in  75m than a signal  nearby.
Nothing in the FCC rules states this other than common sense,  you can
be a gentleman without requiring rules.  Many rigs used have no VFOs
so the AM Window  is not imaginary at all,  it's rather a necessity to
some and very much respected by others.
As for my assumption about limiting exchanges to 3 minutes and allowing
10 seconds for others,     I don't disagree with you on some AMrs want
to have a one to one contact but if this were the case then 3880-3890
will only have 6 AM Stations on it at a time.
If only we could in a perfect world.
73 Chris VE3NGW/W4 Florida