[AMRadio] The AM Window

Paul Sokoloff dogfaces at comcast.net
Tue Dec 21 21:53:05 EST 2004

Hello gentlemen,
    I have been enjoying the conversation here and I agree with Geoff.  As a
relatively new AMer we need to find a hole and call CQ.  The trick is that
the rest of us have to tune the entire band looking for QSOs.
    I had an interesting experience a few Saturday evenings ago.  There were
NO QSOs in the AM window at 10pm.  I called CQ for 30 minutes and got no
response.  What happened to everyone?
    There are a few AM folks here in the northeast who use somewhat
offensive language on the air.  It is really ashame and does give us a bad
name.  Anyway enjoy the bands while we have them.  See you on the air.

73s,  Paul   WA3GFZ