[AMRadio] Lowest level modulation

Edward B Richards zuu6k at juno.com
Wed Dec 22 21:06:44 EST 2004

I would not modulate the oscillator, Steve. You would probably get more
FM than AM. Low level means the early stages of a transmitter. You should
have a buffer stage between the osc and the mod to prevent pulling the
osc during modulation. All stages after the modulator have to be linear.
That means class A for a single tube or class AB or B for push-pull
stages.

73, Ed Richards K6UUZ