[AMRadio] AM Window on 15 Meters?

Mark Bell bell at blazenet.net
Wed Dec 22 22:18:32 EST 2004

Awk!!  There is no "AM Window" on 15 meters.  You can use the entire phone
band.  Typically though, AM activity is around 21.420.

As to why it isn't used much, I suspect it's because 10M has been good.  As
we head further into the sunspot doldrums, you'll probably see more activity
on 15M.

A lot of us that are 10M addicts monitor 29.0 whilst putzing in the shack.
It would probably be a good idea to set a second receiver on 21.420!   I'm
not sure what the AM calling frequency is for 15 though, it might not be
21.420.  Check the band plan.

73 Mark K3MSB

.