[AMRadio] Antenna Tuner Wonderings

Schichler, Don don.schichler at PaeTec.com
Thu Dec 23 09:44:28 EST 2004

Don,
How did you get your dipole up 110 feet?  Is it strung between towers, or do
you have some gigantic trees in your yard?  It took me a long time just to
get mine up 35-40 feet up in my trees using a slingshot-fishing reel combo.

73,
Don K2FY

-----Original Message-----
From: amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net
[mailto:amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net]On Behalf Of Donald Chester
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 7:03 PM
To: amradio at mailman.qth.net; merz.ds at mellon.com;
glowbugs at piobaire.mines.uidaho.edu
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Antenna Tuner Wonderings

The dipole is cut for 80m, but I can load it up on 160 as a quarterwave
dipole with fairly good results.  It is about 110 ft. high, so the height
somewhat compensates for the shortness of it on 160.

I use a separate L-network to match the the quarterwave base-insulated
vertical on 160, which is  my main topband antenna.

73, Don K4KYV