[AMRadio] Windom Antenna

Mike Dorworth, K4XM k4xm at arczip.com
Mon Dec 27 17:36:38 EST 2004

Okay, let us try again. I thought the question was.." how can it be
RESONANT" at more than one place..Mr. Windom clearly shows that it is and
how to prove it. A antenna cut for twenty works great on 10, a forty meter
job works great on twenty and ten, an 80 meter works 80-40-20-10 etc. It is
always RESONANT on all harmonics.The single wire feeder shows about 600 ohms
to ground and is worked against ground from the link or output. If the wire
were fed in the center of the antenna, then the antenna WOULD NOT RADIATE at
all, only acting as a top load capacitance. Also the length of the feeder is
of no matter and 1200 feet works fine. Sure there is a little radiation from
the feeder, but not too much. The straight away part insures that the RF
picked up from the antenna  (SORTA ) cancels out..These antennas work well
with old Boat Anchor PI-Network outputs, those that go to 600 Ohms. There
are no Standing waves on this type of antenna to feeder connection on the
FEEDER!..I can e-mail the original QST article as an attachment (jPEG) for
those wishing to read further on Mr. Windom's discovery.. Happy antenna
experimenting in '05..73 de Mike, K4XM