[AMRadio] WANTED: Source for 312A-1 Grille

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Tue Jul 6 13:48:30 EDT 2004

I already replied directly to Dave. The CRA and the CCA are great resources for those of us with Collins gear. I don't have much but I do use these resources for the few pieces in my possession.

Naturally when looking for any BA parts or manuals or whatever, I think we all look for "the shortest distance between 2 points." So before posting to the list, I did check in with both the CRA and CCA. I did contact several of their members who advertise in the STORE sections of their web sites. But the results were negative. Only then did I post to the broader list, hoping for a "hit".

I have visited Dave at the Collins Radio Museum. So I know that Dave is a true expert with a huge appreciation for boatanchors and Collins equipment. I'd recommend that visit to anyone interested in boatanchors or Collins gear.

All that being said, the 312A-1 speaker seems to be some sort of orphan in the collector ranks. So far, I haven't had much luck finding a new grille.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT