[AMRadio] FS: R390A, Gen Radio & Heathkit PS-3

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Thu Jul 8 10:20:59 EDT 2004

FOR SALE. Headed to eBay unless someone here wants them.

Military R390A receiver. Famous Collins-designed post-war HF RX. This one is all there but is something of a project. It has the meters and top and bottom covers. The front panel is very good except it has the numbers "37.4" stenciled 1 inch high at the top near the antenna trimmer. Also, several screws that hold on the front panel are missing and the name plate is missing. All knobs are original but one small knob is missing. The band switch and frequency dials work as they should. I took off the top cover and looked inside. It is quite dirty. The ballast tube is missing and has been replaced with a resistor just stuck into the socket pins. The metal plate that is supposed to cover the RF deck is also missing. I did not remove the bottom cover so I can't speak for the underside. This radio seems to be all original and unmodified (except for the ballast tube/resistor). I have never powered this up so it is offered here as-is. $325

General Radio 1310-B Oscillator. This is a hybrid solid state/Nuvistor (type 8056) sine-wave oscillator covering 2hz-2Mhz. Small and cute. It looks very good and is working as designed.
I have a photocopy of a 1310-A manual to go with this. $35

Heathkit PS-3 Variable HV Power Supply. Looks excellent and all original. Works like new. I may have the manual for this but I am not sure. $50

Thanks for looking.
73, Don Merz, N3RHT