[AMRadio] WW II Army Field Sets

Rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Fri Jul 9 16:22:13 EDT 2004

<snip>

>Prices on these radios have been going through the proverbial roof. So if you are planning on owning some of these, be prepared for some sticker shock.
>
>Good luck.
>73, Don Merz, N3RHT
>
><snip>

Sticker shock AIN'T the word for some of these rigs!

Depends on what condition, rarity, and original parts included.  In some
cases the 'original' parts kit isn't even usable!  I obtained a Navy
1943 RBM-3 receiver in perfect condition WITH original spares in SEALED
box.  Opened box - fuses fell apart when gently opening envelope - same
with bulbs.  Should have auctioned it ALL while still sealed.  <sigh>

Bob - N0DGN

--
<                      Bob Bethman - N0DGN
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| N0DGN AMRadio Manassas, VA    |    REAL Tube Radio and AM        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|       Manassas Radio - Home of Homemade Kielbasa & Pirogi        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| rbethman(at)comcast.net   \\ ~ ~ //      signal does *NOT* mean  |
|                           (/ @ @ /)      that everything is OK " |
|               <http://home.comcast.net/~rbethman>                |
| 1 BC-610I w/BC-614I,1 T-213/GRC-26 w/BC614I 1 '51 Collins R-390A |
| 1 '67 EAC R-390A, Heathkit DX-60, Apache, Mohawk, SX-101, HT-32A |
|           Amateur Astronomer - Celestron Nexstar 8               |
|             12" f5 Dob coming soon!  Being built                 |
|                  Meade ETX-60 (Got it back!)                     |
|               38 Deg 46.8' N - 77 Deg 28.5' W                    |
|   Opinions expressed are that of my own and do not necessarily   |
|         coincide with or represent those of ANYONE else          |