[AMRadio] WW II Army Field Sets

Kim Elmore Kim.Elmore at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 9 23:40:51 EDT 2004

Thanks a *bunch*!

Given the st-up I've created, the SCR-188 would work FB :) So, do you (or
anyone else) know what would be involved in tweaking the BC-191/BC-312 (or
the JT-350A) combination to work on 20 m? Is this something a guy back
then, with a bit of time, could do, or does the BC-191 design simply
preclude such a conversion?  I ask because the BC-191 has a plethora of
"tuning units," about whose function I'm not entirely certain.  I'm
guessing these were exciters. If so, could one of these have been re-tuned
to cover 20 m and, if *that* could be done, would the PA be able to tune 20
m?  And I'm completely clueless about the BC-312 receiver, but I thought I
saw (somewhere) that it could tune up to 18 MHz, which would do the trick
for receive.

At least these things could also do AM!

Kim Elmore, N5OP