[AMRadio] Special email

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 13 17:58:48 EDT 2004

>Has anyone heard of a scam where a person supposedily has a check from
>someone in the States that owes him money and he wants you to cash this
>check and take out the money for the radio.  You then send him the
>differerence to him.  Sounds like a scam to me.

No way!  I'd let him cash his own check and send me the money for the radio.

I have heard of a similar scam where they send you a check for over the
amount.  They request you to refund the extra when you send the radio.
Turns out the check is worthless, and you lose the radio and the mone.

What if you just cashed the check and made sure it cleared his bank before
sending the radio, and if the check was good,  charge him the difference for
services redered (cashing his check for him).

Don K4KYV