[AMRadio] Special email

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Tue Jul 13 19:28:43 EDT 2004

Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Special email

> Hi Geoff,
>
> You had a decent signal this morning. I am getting an
> NCX-5 which I will use on AM for a while. Look forward
> to working you again...
>
> Cory/AD5QP

Nice to have you on the air with us, Cory.

Not sure on the NCX-5, though...  Know where you can find an
old Viking II, or a Ranger, or some 100watt Transmitter?

Something with non-sweep tubes.  For that matter, your
little transistor rig, with the amp and the higher antenna now
would probably be a better choice (In MY opinion) than
the NCX-5... but that's just an opinion...

Whatever you can find, get on with.  Whatever helps you HEAR
will make a difference in the ability to QSO with others ;-)

(granted, some of the guys down here in South Texas don't
seem to have decent enough signals... but I can't explain why
I can run 175w, and be 4 to 6 S-Units stronger than someone
who's running 350w.)

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR