[AMRadio] Somewhat Off topic - lightning protection

Patrick Jankowiak recycler at swbell.net
Tue Jul 13 23:46:06 EDT 2004

Is your safety ground actually grounded (with a ground rod) at
the main box, and therein also securely bonded to the neutral
lead of the incoming utility power? with a #4 wire or better?

This keeps the lightning voltage which is coming in from from the
ground, at or near the same potential as your neutral lead,
thereby minimizing the voltage between GND and NEUT during a
lightning strike.

The REC's protector, is it something sold commercially? Sounds
interesting.

Patrick