[AMRadio] WW II Army Field Sets

Rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Thu Jul 15 09:12:06 EDT 2004

Kim,

    If you lived close to me, you caould probably get YOUR wish.

    Read my SIG block!

Bob - N0DGN

Kim Elmore wrote:

> Quite right: no B-29s served in Europe because they came on line too
> late. In the fictional world of short stories some suspension of
> belief is likely, so I think there's an easy way out. In October, well
> after even VJ day, the supply sergeant serving our protagonist
> inexplicably receives a shipment of ART-13s as "surplus." Never asked
> for 'em, doesn't know why he got 'em, but they were duly signed for
> and are now his.
>
> I'd really love to use the BC-610, but I can't think of a good way to
> for an individual to transport it without making that short story in
> itself. In fact, there are many factual short stories about moving --
> much less making operational -- BC-610s right here on the web :)
>
> I just sent off quick query to the Signal Corps asking about HF CW
> protocols during WW II. That's something that I haven't found *any*
> information on outside of a single blurb from the British guy about
> operations in Korea.
>
> Now that I've read a bit about the BC-610, I'd love to try my hand at
> getting one back on the air :)  It looks like the SCR-399 was the
> ultimate Field Day set up!
>
> Kim Elmore, N5OP

<                      Bob Bethman - N0DGN
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| N0DGN AMRadio Manassas, VA    |    REAL Tube Radio and AM        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|       Manassas Radio - Home of Homemade Kielbasa & Pirogi        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| rbethman(at)comcast.net   \\ ~ ~ //      signal does *NOT* mean  |
|                           (/ @ @ /)      that everything is OK " |
|               <http://home.comcast.net/~rbethman>                |
| 1 BC-610I w/BC-614I,1 T-213/GRC-26 w/BC614I 1 '51 Collins R-390A |
| 1 '67 EAC R-390A, Heathkit DX-60, Apache, Mohawk, SX-101, HT-32A |
|           Amateur Astronomer - Celestron Nexstar 8               |
|             12" f5 Dob coming soon!  Being built                 |
|                  Meade ETX-60 (Got it back!)                     |
|               38 Deg 46.8' N - 77 Deg 28.5' W                    |
|   Opinions expressed are that of my own and do not necessarily   |
|         coincide with or represent those of ANYONE else          |