[AMRadio] Unusual Receiver by Develco

DOXEMF at aol.com DOXEMF at aol.com
Thu Jul 15 12:01:04 EDT 2004

Hello,
Would anyone have Info, heard of or even seen this  interesting receiver
made by DEVELCO Inc. labeled , Research Receiver  System Mod 101298
or 101484? I now have both models of this completely  modular
unit from the early 70's. Modules are: Preselector  covering 2-30
Mhz in 4 bands with ant tuning, HF tuner using two  thumbwheel
selectors, Synthesizer using 4-5 thumbwheels, a first  If with two
bandwidths, 2nd IF with agc controls and lastly a "Coherent"  detector
section with at least 4 bandwidths.
There are 3 mixer/converters on the rear apron that  are connected
via BNC and small UHF connectors and two outputs of  the detector.
There are no meters.
The second unit appears to be a VHF rec. setup the  same way.
I don't have that in my shop just yet  tho.
So far most of this is working altho alignment is  needed.
I can provide Pix and more info later.
Thanks,
Wm. Courtright
KB3DKS