[AMRadio] dds information

KC8OPP Roger S. kc8opp at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 16:44:47 EDT 2004

Neal,

I use a Raytheon RA-250 on 160 and for the VFO I
bought a master oscillator for an ARC-38 from the Fair
Radio Store.  I think that it was around $35.  Inside
this beast is a Collins PTO that tunes 1.75-3Mhz, I
may be off a bit on the freq range.

I built a regulated power supply and added a cathode
follower circuit for the PTO and use it to feed the
grid of the oscillator in the RA-250.  Works great,
very stable and easy to use.

Looked at your web site and saw the RCA, looks great.
I am in the process of re-working a RCA BTA-1R for
multi band operation.  You can have a look at it here,

http://photos.yahoo.com/kc8opp

I will be using a Kenwood 520 for an exciter for the
RCA.  I have been using this same radio with a HB rig
for the last year and seems to work good.

Good luck with your projects.

73's
Roger
KC8OPP