[AMRadio] dds information

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Jul 16 23:51:51 EDT 2004

Well Gang,
I have several PTS signal sources here, and they provide coverage over a
wide range of frequencies at adjustable output levels. I use one as  a
signal source for my RCA BTA-1M, that would be the PTS 040 model. As a
shop signal source I use the PTS 250 with the GPIB interface for
computer
control. They are stable and highly accurate over their frequency
ranges,
and no drifting. I know you will say, what a lab instrument, is going to
be expensive, but none of mine cost more than 50.00, they are still easy
to purchase from the Mfr, at their full price, but more and more they
are
showing up at bargain prices. Well worth the effort to look around for
them.

On the case for the BC-458 VFO used with the Central Electronics 10A-10B
and 20A series, I have two of the modified vfos per the CE manual, they
both work great and do not drift in NORMAL operation. The CE manual
gives
good directions for using them, and applied per the manual they BC-458
as
a "mixing" signal source is extremely stable signal source.

FWIW

Info on PTS can be found here http://www.programmedtest.com/
including spec and ratings and current pricing info.
Jim
WB2FCN
http://eshop1.chem.buffalo.edu