[AMRadio] DX-100

Edward B Richards zuu6k at juno.com
Sun Jul 18 19:58:23 EDT 2004

Another thought:

Maybe the driver is not seeing the oscillator and breaks into oscillation
at max gain. Check that the oscillator is working. Pull the oscillator
tube and see if it does the same thing. Be sure the VFO is outputting
several volts at the correct frequency, that the crystal/VFO switch is in
the VFO position (don't ask me how I know), That the crystal/VFO switch
is working. Check that you have adequate drive to the driver grid.  Good
luck.

73, Ed Richards K6UUZ