[AMRadio] Pix of BPL hardware on utility poles in

Kim Elmore Kim.Elmore at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 22 10:19:47 EDT 2004

I have to agree with Don on this point.  The current FCC leadership is a
disaster for ham radio, and, I think, non-commercial radio interests in
general. The FCC credo seems to be "If it doesn't turn a buck, it is of no
consequence."

Regardless of who wins in November, the current Chairman simply must go.
There is *no* technical expertise at the top of the FCC and no
consideration for it.  As Riley Hollingsworth put it, when queried in
Dallas recently on the technical problems plaguing BPL, there are many
above him who don't "know the difference between a kilohertz and a
kilometer" and don't care to know.

The current Chairman is a perfect example of this.

Kim Elmore, N5OP