[AMRadio] Pix of BPL hardware on utility poles in

Kim Elmore Kim.Elmore at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 23 10:42:56 EDT 2004

Peter's advice is on the mark: while it is frustrating to see concerns
about RFI apparently ignored in favor of the Glorious! New! Beginning! of
Broadband! for the Masses! not to mention Potential Profits! Beyond the
Dreams of Avarice!, we will most certainly hurt our cause if we decide to
start disabling BPL equipment.

We will be much more effective in the long run (because we face a strategic
battle here, not a tactical one) by keeping cool heads and *relentlessly*
documenting problems to our local FCC office. And we must be RELENTLESS in
this action. When I lived in the Denver area, I worked at length with the
FCC office there on ham-related RFI issues and always found them very
supportive and very helpful.  And, they were lots of fun to have beer and
burgers with after a long day.

Because the technology is incompatible with current spectrum users, by this
strategy BPL (as it is now implemented) will most surely perish of its own
accord.

Kim Elmore, N5OP