[AMRadio] Pix of BPL hardware on utility poles in Cincinnati

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 14:46:09 EDT 2004

,
>How long will it be before the govt' adds "interface devices" to the "BPL
>home internet connection" to further invade in on our privacy. I feel very
>uncomfortable with potential broadband "utility monitoring" of my electric
>meter! It opens the door to much invasion.

The first line of defence will be to install an a.c. line filter between the
power meter and your service entrance box.  They might read the electric
meter, but not anything that is going on inside the house.

You could also try coupling rf of your own into the power line.  I have seen
articles describing how it was done by hams during WW2 for local cw contacts
after ham radio was shut down for the war.