[AMRadio] WTB: book, mic

Al Brown KZ3AB at ARRL.net
Thu Jul 29 18:35:21 EDT 2004

"Basic Electricity" (Vol. 1 thru 5) by Van Valkenburgh is an oldie
but a goodie for learning about the basics.  It starts with "This
is electricity" and progresses through "Conductors and Insulators,"
"Electric Charges," "Current Flow," "Magnetism," "How a Meter
Works," "How Current/Voltage [are] Measured," "Ohm's Law," etc. all
the way up through "AC Controls."

(It has lots of pictures and is written at about a 9th grade level.)

It is available at <www.Amazon.com> for about $30.00 new.  Used
books are around $20.00.  Search on "Van Valkenburgh."

I bought a used hard cover copy for $5.00 on eBay.

Then, "Basic Electronics" (vol. 1 thru 6) by Van Valkenburgh picks up
with vacuum tube theory, semi conductors, RF theory, antennas,
microwave, etc.

It is available at <www.Amazon.com> for about $10.00 used.

Hope that helps.

73,