Mahlon Haunschild mahlonhaunschild at cox.net
Sat Jul 31 16:41:24 EDT 2004

Byron,

Sounds like you've hit all of the usual suspects.  If you can handle
large file attachments, I'll scan & send to you the relevant sections
out of the assembly manual.  You may have the drive pins 180 degrees out
or something like that.

The VFO bandswitch drive is a pretty crude excuse for a real Geneva
drive, but it works well and of course is low cost (in keeping with
Johnson's reputation as the "Chevrolet" of ham radio).  My two Rangers
and my Valiant all work fine in this area.

By the way, I mis-typed in my first message.  Should have typed "The VFO
switch has three positions:  160-80, 40 thru 10, and 11."  But I think
you know that.

regards,

Mahlon - K4OQ