[AMRadio] Breezeshooter's Hamfest June 6th

Mark Foltarz Foltarz at rocketmail.com
Sun Jun 13 20:58:15 EDT 2004

Brian,

   If you can widen the response curve of the "radio filter" from 1944 to 1947
you will then see what some have called the best Scott receiver made.

   Well the 800B is one of those radios I never thought I would own. They have
always been priced just way too high.

   The 800B is a AM / SW / FM rx with motorized tuning. It has excellent
selectivity for a purely consumer set. And the dial glass bears striking
resemblence to the "morale receivers of WWII." I believe the RBO would be a
good exmple of the physical similarity. A pretty good description is on
http://antiqueradio.org/scot02.htm

   And if you add the speaker to http://antiqueradio.org/art/scot0201.jpg then
you have a picture of what I found at Butler.

   Now if I can just find a cabinet to put the chassis in HI.

   de KA4JVY

   Mark