[AMRadio] Tower Construction

Robert Nickels w9ran at oneradio.net
Sun Jun 13 21:59:46 EDT 2004

Yep, so I've heard.  Making crankups must be like making ladders, half the
cost is insurance.  The one I have is about 40 ft. and is 3 sections of
aluminum tower with steel shit in between for the pulleys.  Most of them
were rusted and it cost me a fortune to have new ones welded up.  Still a
cheap tower compared with new.

My main tower is 55' Rohn 25 with the tilt-over in the middle.  Chickenshits
like me don't climb!  But Rohn finally quit making these cuz too many
dumbshits didn't follow instructions and den dey fall down go boom.

Bob