[AMRadio] Need suggestions on cleaning roller inductors.

Damon S Raphael MD (W7MD) w7md at gci-net.com
Thu Jun 17 03:39:45 EDT 2004

If it is just silver tarnish, it is conductive and doesn't require removal
of the tarnish.  The moving roller contact can be cleaned up with a standard
contact cleaner or Deoxit.
You can clean the outside surfaces of the coil with one of the above
cleaners, to remove surface contaminants.
The inside if the coil is not a contact surface so it doesn't need anything
except blowing dust out of it.
IMHO...
Hope this helps.
I don't know about putting it in the washing machine, hi hi.  They problable
threw 'em overboard and dragged them in tow for a while to to make 'em
spiffy....
73
Damon, W7MD