[AMRadio] Panel Refinishing Success Story

Bill Pancake bpancake at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 20 22:31:37 EDT 2004

If you've ever been tempted to have the front panel and vfo bezel of your Johnson Valiant I restored to better-than-new condition, take my advice and have Dee Almquist, W4PNT, do the work.

I just had Dee restore my 1957 Valiant I panel and it is just BEAUTIFUL. The basecoat/clearcoat paint system he uses is awesome. Even more impressive is the multi-color silkscreen for the lettering and logo.

You may find someone to do it cheaper, but you'd be hard pressed to match the quality and turnaround time Dee offers.
Check out his website for all the info you need: www.w4pnt.8k.com.

If you want to see a pix of mine, email me. And for those skeptics reading this, I'm not related to Dee or associated with him in any way accept for being a VERY SATISFIED customer!

73, Bill, ab0zz at arrl.net