[AMRadio] 5KW AM transmitter available

Edward Sieb esieb at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 26 12:33:05 EDT 2004

Please communicate with Scott Robinson, spr at earthlink.net, not me!
Ed VA3ES

 -----Original Message-----
From:  Scott Robinson <spr at earthlink.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 12:15 PM
To: Old Tube Radios
Subject: 5KW AM transmitter available

 Folks,

 The California Historical Radio Society has available an ATA 5kW AM
 transmitter. The engineer at the radio station tells me that it has
 been gutted, so I don't know how much is left.  It is located just
 south of San Francisco.  Is anyone interested?  You must come get it,
 unless you are in the Bay area. In that case, we may be able to move
 it to somewhere local.

 In a couple of months, a Gates BC-5H sans main filter caps (they
 contain PCBs and the pwner is legally obliged to remove them). It's
 also a 5 KW unit. The station has not gone off the air, jsut moved
 and bought new sand state hardware. This one is at the sam location
 as the ATA transmitter.

 Let me know if there is any interest.  I think the alternative is landfill.

 Regards,

 Scott Robinson
 spr at earthlink.net