[AMRadio] Thordarson Transformer ID

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Mon May 24 12:00:11 EDT 2004

This design was the so-called "CHT" series from the 1930's. "CHT" was Mr. Thordarson's initials and these were supposed to be his "signature quality" transformers. I think I have some info on these. But there was a whole line of them. Without any tag, there is probably no way to ID which one you have except scoping out the windings, applying a test voltage and checking the outputs.

Let me know if you want a copy of whatever I have on these.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT