[AMRadio] Thordarson Transformer ID

B. Morgan Sherrod w5ami at tcworks.net
Tue May 25 11:20:18 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Knepper" <cra at floodcity.net>
To: <collins at mailman.qth.net>; <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 10:37 AM
Subject: [AMRadio] Thordarson Transformer ID

> I have a very large high voltage Thordarson transformer that appears to be a PUV type.  There are no identification
labels, etc. but the original owner did identify it as a Thordarson.

Does it look similar to this one?

http://www.arksky.org/temp/01080001.JPG

I forget the exact specs on this, however I know it is 120v primary and the output is something like 3300vdc ct.  This
is the plate xfmr from the "Bartelsville Transmitter" I have.  I also have a Thordarson catalog from the late 30's
packed up somewhere.  I'll see if I can find it.

73
Brian / w5ami